Tuesday, December 5, 2017

RRCB77 & Challenge 35 ~ Whoosh Snowman

This is surely an oldie but goldie stampin up set from 1998 called Whoosh snowman.  I will always remember the first year I got it, I made all our Christmas cards.. they were so awful, I'd be embarrassed to show all you fine card crafters.. but I will show the picture of my little darlings that I added in it.. It was a homemade picture card, so I had our kiddos decked out with matching scarfs and hats.   I can't believe that was nearly 20 years ago.  My how time really truly "whooshes" by.  Just think our kids our both in their twenties now.     I keep this sweet little picture frame up all year round.  It has taken a few tumbles from the bookshelf.  But it's holding together.    
 The card is quite simple, I really like the background paper.  I just tore the white snow hill, someday I will invest in those amazing dies that create the lovely snow, grass hills, but for now, the old fashion tear method has to work for me.  I colored in the snowman and cut him out carefully as not to take off the skis and poles. 
I will be submitting this card to the following challenges: 

Our theme for the new challenge is

"Snowmen"

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping

7 comments:

  1. This card is so precious! I love it and I love your picture of the kids. It is so nice to keep these precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love the card and the story! He is a fun skiing snowman!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! Great snowman, great colouring - and it to keep those poles and skis the fussy cutting must have been time consuming - and the background paper is so festive and pretty. The sentiment made me laugh! Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge, PJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I love your whooshin' snowman! Great job coloring and cutting! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope to see you in the gallery again next year! LOL Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi PJ! Love this sweet card! You know what is better than a snowman? One on skis! Love this image! The papers are perfect for your guy and a perfect sentiment as well! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha - Love the Whoosh of your Snowman, makes me want to get on a skis! Your background paper is so pretty. The sentiment is hilarious. Thanks for joining us for the last Retro Rubber of 2017. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! I love seeing older stamps that were before my time with SU. Perhaps they will bring a similar rubber stamp back into their line up! Thank you so much for sharing with Retro Rubber! Hope to see you often in the New Year! Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~